Every bourbon enthusiast eventually comes across the dreaded problem of what to do when your reckless whiskey spending habits have led to a surplus of really bad bourbons. How do you escape this precarious situation while saving face and making room for the excellent stuff? What do you do with bad whiskey or bourbon?
Things to do with Bad Bourbon
- Have a lousy bourbon tasting party. Invite over the friend you don't like to a bourbon tasting party and have them sample all of the nasty bourbons.
- Make sweet cocktails. Cover up the bad bourbon by making really sweet girly cocktails. No one will know they are drinking bad bourbon.
- Bring the bourbon you don't like from your stash to your non-bourbon-drinking friend's party and leave it there.
- Experiment with the bourbon. Add things to the bourbon that you wouldn't usually think of adding. For instance, put avocados, tree bark, peas, or coffee grounds in it. Let the whiskey sit for a few weeks, and then see how it tastes. Maybe you'll stumble upon something good, but that's not likely.
- Make an infinity barrel. Buy an empty barrel and pour all of your bad bourbons into it. Let it sit until it evaporates. Please don't ask me what to do with the barrel.
- Trade the bad stuff. There are always people who willingly drink horrible bourbon. However, when you trade with them, make sure you do a 4 for 1 or 5 for 1 trade so you can quickly get rid of your bad bourbon.
- Cook with it. Yeah, I know that seems like one of the more obvious answers, but many people forget about this. Cover up the taste of the lousy bourbon with barbecue sauce or some other type of sauce and grill with it. Almost everything tastes better grilled.
- Start a YouTube station where you do bizarre things with bourbon. Put bourbon in balloons and drop them on your unsuspecting friends. See if your cat will drink it. Put it in a bird feeder and videotape what happens.
I'm sure you can think of some things to do with bad whiskey; ridiculous or otherwise. If so, post your comments below.