Home

Hirsch "The Horizon" Bourbon Review

Tasting Notes & Ratings

Expert Rating: TBD

Hirsch "The Horizon" Bourbon Photo

Distillery Tasting Notes

Made by Hotaling & Co.

Review This Whiskey

Additional Notes

Combines two straight bourbons distilled in Lawrenceburg, Indiana: 94% of the blend is distilled from a traditional mash bill and aged a minimum of 4 years. The remaining 6% is distilled from a “high rye” mash aged 6 years for added complexity.

Details

Proof: 92
Alcohol by volume (ABV): 46%
Aged: 4 to 6 years
Mash Bill: Blend: Two Mash Bills: Mash Bill of 75% Corn, 21% Rye, 4% Malted Barley For 94% and A HigH-Rye Mash of 6%.
Retail (MSRP): Provide this info

What whiskeys do YOU think have a similar taste profile as Hirsch "The Horizon" Bourbon? (Login to answer)

Click this button to find Bourbons or other whiskeys that might be similar in taste profile. Results below. Don't forget our Bourbon search engine where you can search by flavor profile.

Reviews by the People of Hirsch "The Horizon" Bourbon

The People have not posted a review for this whiskey. Be the first!
Review This Whiskey

Ratings Key

Ratings breakdown based on a 100 point scale.

  • 90-100 Exceptional
  • 80-89 Very Good
  • 70-79 Average
  • 60-69 Below Average
  • 50-60 Drain Pour
Card image cap
Provide Feedback

Would you mind giving us feedback? What do you like or dislike about the website? How can we make it better? What features would you like to see added?

What is a Cask Strength or Barrel Proof Bourbon?

Cask strength or barrel-proof bourbon is a bourbon that has not undergone dilution after the end of its aging process. Therefore, cask strength bourbon is unblemished cask-to-bottle whiskey that t...Read More

Shortbarrel Small Batch Rye Versus WhistlePig 10 Year Straight Rye

I'm from the Atlanta, Georgia, area, and I always appreciate it when a local company produces whiskeys. Since Shortbarrel is an Atlanta company that became a brand in July 2020, I was excited to t...Read More

Old Ezra 7 is Good: A Spicy Rich Nose and Palate

This first pour of Lux Row Distillers' Old Ezra 7 is good. It has a rich nose and palate. Spicy, spicy, spicy, sweet, and rich traditional palate. It certainly drinks its 117 proof, so it’s ...Read More